And there's More...
In this brief introduction we have seen some of the most basic concepts
The aspects of Forth that are not covered here include;
- Using the command line interpreter for interactive development.
- Some integer maths operators.
- Some stack flow operators.
- Extending Forth with the colon compiler.
- Some control flow operators.
- Operators for other data types, such as char, string, floating point etc.
- Other predefined compilers, such as VARIABLE and CONSTANT.
- File Handling.
- Virtual Memory.
- Exception Handling.
- Forth Assemblers.
- Creating new task specific compilers.
- Extending the colon compiler.
- Statically allocated memory.
- Dynamically allocated memory.
- Forth development tools.
- Writing a new Forth system in Forth.
If this introduction has whetted your appetite, you may want to visit some of
the other Forth related items present on the 'net;
Return to the contents page.